The Wastebusters Club Book Competition is open to children aged between 4 and 11 years old in the UK. Teachers and parents/ guardians can submit on behalf of entrants.
The competition is open from 20 April 2023 and entries must be submitted by 23:59 on 07 August 2023. The winners will be selected from all eligible entries and will be notified by 14 August 2023.
The following constitutes one entry:
- A photograph or scan of an entrant’s craft made from one of the crafts available on the
Wastebusters Club website (www.wastebusters.club)
- Entries may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Individual children can enter as many examples of their work as they wish.
- Children may work on their entry alone, or in a team of two, three or four children in total.
- There is a maximum file size of 10MB for photos submitted by email.
- Photos submitted by email must not feature pupils’ names or faces.
- Photos must not feature brand names or logos.
- Entries must be submitted by a parent, guardian, teacher, or other member of school staff.
- Teachers and parents/ guardians will be asked to supply their own contact information,
which will be used to contact them in the case of any queries about entries, or to notify
them if any of their pupils’ entries are successful.
- Emails containing the craft photo entry should include the entrants first name(s) only, age
and school (if being submitted by a teacher) in the email.
- By submitting entries to the Wastebusters Club Book Competition you confirm that for each
entry submitted your child/ pupils are the only author of the work and that it is their original
Selection of Winners
- The winners will be selected from all eligible entries received and will be judged by a panel of Wastebuster and the Pod employees
- Entries will be based on creativity, originality, uniqueness/originality, quality (neatness and craft), aesthetic quality (design, composition), application of materials, and complexity
- Winners will be notified by 14 August 2023.
- The judges’ decision is final, there is no appeal system, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 5 children (4-7 years of age) will win a Collins You Can Upcycle and Craft book by Wastebusters
- 5 children (7-11 years of age) will win a Collins You Can Upcycle and Craft book by Wastebusters
- Prize delivery will be discussed with the winners once selected.
- Entrants must be willing to allow the photo of their craft to be promoted on Wastebuster’s website and social media channels.
- The contact teacher or parent/ guardian of winning pupils will be notified by email by 14 August 2023 (using the email details provided by the teacher or parent/ guardian in the email containing the entry) and their prize issued within one month of the winners’ announcement (to the address of the school or household of the winner).
- No cash or alternative prizes will be available.
- Unclaimed prizes: if for any reason the winner cannot be contacted for one month after the winners’ announcement, or is unable to collect the prize, a different winner will be selected. The competition organisers will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize.
- Wastebuster reserves the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any such gift, prize or item with a prize or item of equal or greater value.
- By entering the competition, teachers and parents/ guardians give agreement for the details of winners (first name, school, and age) and their entries to be shared via the www.wastebusters.club website and associated media channels.
- Wastebuster reserve the right to publish entries as and where deemed appropriate using the first name of child, school name (if submitting by a teacher) and age. This could include, but is not exclusive to, the Wastebusters Club website (www.wastebusters.club), Wastebusters website (www.wastebuster.co.uk), The Pod (jointhepod.org) and Wastebuster’s own managed social media pages and offline materials.
- By submitting the craft photos, teachers, and parents/ guardians, give approval for their pupils’ work to be shared in any online gallery managed by Wastebuster. Only children’s first names will appear in the gallery.
- The winners may be required to participate in publicity connected with the programme. Schools will be required to give permission on behalf of the winners’ parent/guardians, for the winners’ first name, school, and hometown to be used for publicity purposes.
- The promoter is Wastebuster CIC with address at The Bothy, Albury Park, Albury, Guildford, Surrey, GU5 9BH (www.wastebuster.co.uk).
This competition is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Wastebuster reserves the right to change or cancel this competition at any stage and without prior notice, if it deems necessary, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com